The Finance Department is responsible for all financial transactions of the Township of Berlin. The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Custody and Investment of all Township funds.
– Provide assistance to the Mayor and Council in the preparation of the Annual Budget.
– Maintenance of all financial records for the Township including a complete General Ledger for all funds as well as Monthly and Annual Reporting of all revenues and appropriations.
– Handling of all aspects of Debt Service including payment schedules and correspondence with attorneys concerning temporary and permanent financing.
– Provide assistance and oversight to departments in regards to Purchasingfunctions in accordance with State and Township regulations
– Processing of Accounts Payables in accordance with State and Township regulations
– Developing and maintaining an Internal Control System to safeguard Township assets
-Preparation of the Annual Financial Statements and Annual Debt Statements in accordance with State regulations
-Preparation and coordination of Bank Reconciliations
-Compilation of Fixed Asset Reports for audit presentation
-Preparation of Financial Reporting for Grants including handling of all reimbursement requirements
-Preparation of Payroll for Township employees including the preparation of all Federal and state tax fillings.