Public Works Department
Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:00pm
2nd Saturday of the Month 8:00am – 12:00pm

The Public Works Department collects and disposes of all your residential household trash and recyclables. The Department is also responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Township streets, traffic signs, recreation facilities, equipment, all of the Township buildings and parks, along with the Township motor vehicle fleet and power equipment. The sanitary sewer system is also maintained and operated by the Public Works Department. We also offer compost leaf mulch to our residents, which is available in the summer months.

Contact Us:

Phone: 856.767.5052
Fax: 856.767.4231


Snowfall protocol

Please try to utilize off-street parking so the plows can successfully clear the roadways. Attempt to wait until the roadway is clear before clearing your driveway to avoid the snow being plowed back into the driveway. When removing snow from the sidewalk and driveways please do not shovel or snow blow snow back into the street. All state roads are plowed and maintained by NJDOT. County roads are plowed and maintained by Camden County Highway Dept.  Township personnel are only responsible for plowing municipal roadways


Street sweepings and what do to do to prepare

Street Sweeping will begin in April, weather permitting. Please park all vehicles, off of the street, during the week of sweeping in your area, so the entire street can be cleaned.


Street Lights

The maintenance of street lights is the responsibility of Atlantic City Electric.
You can contact Public Works with the Pole Number and we will contact Atlantic City Electric or you can report the outage by going to and click on the “Outage Center” link.          

Driveway and/or sidewalk replacement

A Street Opening Permit will need to be completed if you are doing any Driveway and/or sidewalk replacement work.   This form can be obtained by visiting the Township Clerk’s Office.  If the driveway work that is being performed is located behind the sidewalk closest to your property then a Zoning Permit will need to be completed. This form can be obtained online or by visiting the Zoning Office.

CALL BEFORE YOU DIG for any work being done to locate any utilities. Dial 8-1-1 or
1 (800) 272-1000