Chief Financial Officer
Phone: 856-767-1854, ext 220
The Finance Department is responsible for all financial transactions of the Township of Berlin. The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Custody and Investment of all Township funds.
- Provide assistance to the Mayor and Council in the preparation of the Annual Budget.
- Maintenance of all financial records for the Township including a complete General Ledger for all funds as well as Monthly and Annual Reporting of all revenues and appropriations.
- Handling of all aspects of Debt Service including payment schedules and correspondence with attorneys concerning temporary and permanent financing.
- Provide assistance and oversight to departments in regard to Purchasing functions in accordance with State and Township regulations.
- Processing of Accounts Payables in accordance with State and Township regulations.
- Developing and maintaining an Internal Control System to safeguard Township assets.
- Preparation of the Annual Financial Statements and Annual Debt Statements in accordance with State regulations.
- Preparation and coordination of Bank Reconciliations.
- Compilation of Fixed Asset Reports for audit presentation.
- Preparation of Financial Reporting for Grants including handling of all reimbursement requirements.
- Preparation of Payroll for Township employees including the preparation of all Federal and state tax fillings.